Monday, July 9, 2018

Last Night Rocked! Oh Baby!

PRAISE THE LORD!!! It was an awesome evening last night. My bits finally came to me Friday. I would have appreciated more time nevertheless WooHoo I rocked my set. I am praying to God to get some footage. I forgot to ask someone to take pictures. Therefore, I am going to just have to do it again!!! Although before every performance I swear I am retired from comedy. I was so nervous all week, breaking out in night sweats and everything. I was so happy to finally breathe. It is really impossible to have a civilized conversation with me before I go up. Don’t even try. And this is why I continue to challenge myself. I will not allow fear to get a grip on me. Plus, I really do enjoy being on the stage making people laugh and people enjoy my work. I was so unusually comfortable last night I took interactive risk I haven’t felt at ease enough to take in the past. I also took the risk of bringing my phone up with me because I kept forgetting the material but I handled it like a pro and still rocked it. No one cared. The audience rolled with me. Often times I am quite transparent on stage and people seem to appreciate that authenticity.




It was fun. My friends Ki and Anisha came out to support me and I am so thankful for them for their support. Thank you to them and all who have come out to support. You have no idea no how much it means. One thing that must be remembered about Stand Up Comedy is the audience is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you will get. The material that had one audience rolling will have the other one chuckling or you can hear a pin drop. YIKES!! It can be frightening. You got to roll with it and be fearless. I have been blessed. Jay Singh another funny comedian packed the place out and they came ready to laugh and have a good time. 


Stand Up gets me out of my comfort zone so I will continue to press forward even when I want to quit.  That is what I say now because I got my victory and it is over, LOL.  I am proud to be a clean comic. I do not curse or talk about sex. I tried once to say noassatall but I didn’t like it. So I dropped it. I want to keep it clean. I'm going to tighten up this set, add and subtract a few things, and perform it again. I really enjoyed performing my set last night. Thank you, Dave McNary, for your encouragement and supporting my stand-up comedy journey providing me with such an awesome venue to perform. So if you missed it last night do yourself a favor and be there the next time. You deserve to "treat yourself". Come out and laugh with me and other comedians. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment