Thursday, April 18, 2013

What?! What?! What?!




I was going to blog about something else but as I was writing the blog I remembered a scripture. Then I had to go with that because I often forget this one and it is an important one to remember just like the rest of them, lol, of course. I am actually laughing at myself over here. And so you know this blog was not supposed to be this long. You were warned. LOL.

Anyway let's get started. First I like to remind myself no matter what I am going through God loves me unconditionally by no merit of my own. I didn't have to do anything to earn His magnanimous everlasting love. He will never leave me nor forsake me. 


Ok with that said here is the scripture that came to me: For though we walk (live) in the flesh, we are not carrying on our warfare according to the flesh and using mere human weapons. For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds. 2 Corinthians 10: 3-5 I don’t know which translation that is but I like it.

Here is another one I like: The truth is that, although of course we lead normal human lives, the battle we are fighting is on the spiritual level. The very weapons we use are not those of human warfare but powerful in God’s warfare for the destruction of the enemy’s strongholds. Our battle is to bring down every deceptive fantasy and every imposing defense that men erect against the true knowledge of God. We even fight to capture every thought until it acknowledges the authority of Christ. 2 Corinthians 10: 3-5 J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)

It's easy in the good times to confess the Word, but when they are not so good that's where the work comes in. We must fight, fighting the good fight of faith. “It's a good fight because we are declared the winner from the beginning”, my Pastor says. Oh how I wish we never had to fight, period. But as long as the enemy is in the earth realm we are going to have to. Know this, the devil comes to steal, kill, and destroy. John 10:10. Just like what happened in Boston the other day. That's the devil’s aka thief’s aka enemy’s goal; to steal joy, kill us and destroy an innocent good time. He does this even to his own. He works through people to do this, just as God works through us. 

Oh here is another scripture that just came to mind: For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6: 12.  

Once you purpose to get God's word in your heart the enemy comes to try to take it. Remember I told you. These scriptures are coming to me left and right. I forgot I knew this many. Here is another scripture: "When the Enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of God will raise a standard against him!" (Isaiah 59:19) It has been stated that the comma is in the improper place. Either way I like to read it like this because greater is the Lord than the enemy: "When the Enemy comes in, like a flood the Spirit of God will raise a standard against him!" (Isaiah 59:19) We must remember to use the “authority and power” we have been given by God to bring the enemy down in our lives.


Confession: I am a master at using my weapons of mass destruction on the enemy. For the weapons of my warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ. No weapon formed against me shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against me in judgment shall be condemned. I am the righteousness of the Lord through Jesus Christ. I am born of God. I am a world overcomer by my faith. Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. Thanks be to you Father, who in Christ always leads me in triumph. I have the victory in every area of my life. I rebuke the devil right now in the name of Jesus. The enemy will not come against me to take this word because if he does the Spirit of Almighty God will raise a standard against him. I submit myself to God. I resist the enemy and he shall flee from me. For I remember I do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.


Ephesians 6: 12
2 Corinthians 10:4-6
2 Corinthians 10: 3-4
1 John 4:4
Isaiah 54:17
1 John 5:4-5
James 4:7 

I really really tried my best to make this short. "I tried" see had I just done it, it would have been accomplished. Imma "try" the next one too. LOL





No comments:

Post a Comment